Madison Dog Daycare
As a Madison resident who is seriously thinking about taking your dog to a Madison dog daycare center, there are certain things you need to consider. Remember that your dog needs adequate care to make sure he is comfortable and free of infections. Below are things to consider before taking your dog to a Madison dog daycare center:
1. The day care center should make sure their dogs get adequate shots before being admitted to the center. This is because the dogs are going to be grouped together and transmission of disease will become very easy. Heart guard program, tick/flea preventive, kennel cough shot (Bordatella), distemper, and rabies are infection dogs must be protected against before they are being admitted into any Madison dog daycare center.
2. The cleanliness of the place is equally of utmost priority. How clean is the bathroom and what is the cleaning routine carried out in the place? Proper disposal of their waste is essential because some dogs might just feed on them which will lead to serious health problems. The rooms where the dogs are kept should be clean. These rooms are full of dogs that play around all day, therefore it is essential to keep the place as clean as possible to prevent odd smells.
Also, does your dog appear with dirt and hairs from other dogs when you come to pick him? Know that as your dog plays, it is certain that he might roll on the ground and rub bodies with other dogs. The attendant at the Madison dog daycare center should be able to clean up your dog whenever he appears dirty. This and other cleaning duties are what you are paying them for so you should be getting a good service for your money.
Here is a quick recap of what services your Madison dog daycare center should be able to provide:
* Facility workers
* Helps with exercise and attention
* Provision of pack attraction
* Grooming, including nail care, messages, and general cleaning up.
* Overnight board available for owners who would want to go out of town
When choosing a Madison dog daycare center for your dog, ensure they provide most of these services which should be commensurate with their charges. Some centers will even offer to take your pet home and also provide home services. These days, the day care centers provide services for different types of dog owners. So, try to look for good Madison dog daycare centers that will provide these services and give your dog the ultimate comfort he deserves.
Important notice: Just like children’s day care centers, dog day care centers have age requirements for admission into their facilities. Usually, dogs that are less than six weeks are only accepted but some others still accept dogs of all ages, depending on the type of facility they have. So when looking for a Madison dog daycare center, ensure that you get all the required information before registering your dog with them.